About Us » Code of Conduct » Code of Conduct for STAFF
Code of Conduct
For Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
1. Dress Code:
To maintain dignity and grace of post it is mandatory for:
- Female staff: to wear Saree; and
- Male staff: to wear formal clothing which shall include shirts and pants.
2. For Attendance:
- Biometric attendance for teaching and non-teaching staff is applicable from 01 July 2017 onwards. Since classes start from 07:30 AM, staff is required to come before 07:30 AM. Attendance after 07:30 AM will be considered as late.
- To maintain punctuality among the staff, institute has made some rules against late comers, where 03 days late attendance will be considered as one CL or leave without pay (in case where no further CL is left). Prior intimation for late attendance will be considered in special cases, and will be at the complete discretion of the principal.
- Half day permissions – A member of the staff shall be allowed to take half-day only in the second half and with prior permission of the principal. Any half day leave availed shall be part of casual leave.
3. Casual Leave
In an academic session, 13 days casual leave is available for regular staff and 11 days casual leave for ad-hoc staff. Submission of application is mandatory. Non submission of application within 02 days will be considered as a violation of the code of conduct.
4. Optional Leave
In an academic session, 03 days optional leave shall be available for regular and ad-hoc staff. Prior sanctioning of optional leave is mandatory for all.
5. Headquarter Leaving Permission
In case of leaving headquarter in working days or vacation, headquarter leaving permission is mandatory to be obtained from college authority.
6. National Festivals
Presence in national festivals is mandatory. In case of urgency, prior intimation will be considerable. Absence without intimation will be considered as in-disciplinary act and administration is authorized to take action.
7. For Academics programs: Orientation programs / Refresher programs / Conference /Workshop / Seminar / symposium or equivalent programs (as per the UGC guidelines): -
- A teacher will be relieved for only one Orientation course during his/ her service tenure.
- A Teacher will be relieved for two refresher course or program equivalent to refresher course during his / her service tenure.
- A teacher will be relieved for only one program mentioned in a and b above, in one academic session.
- At a time, only one teacher from each department will be permitted to attend the above-mentioned programs.
- For attending state/ university / national / international level symposium conference / workshops as resource person or as participants or for paper presentation, permission will be given according to the needs of the institution. Only one teacher from one department will be allowed at one time for these programs. The participant must give prior information with necessary documents (Invitation letter, acceptance etc.) at least 8 days before the programs so that decision could be taken timely. Relaxation in this point is at the discretion of the principal.
- After participation in any of the above-mentioned programs, the participant is required to submit a self-attested copy of certificate provided by the program organizers.
- The participant is also needed to circulate a program summary and any relevant information / techniques they learnt during the program for the benefit of other staff of the institution within four days after completion of program.
- It is mandatory for participant to complete the syllabus by own by any means.
8. Duty Leave:
- Sanction of duty leave for academic purposes such as, external examiner in practical exams, delivering guest lecture, University assigned duties, attending conference/ seminar/ workshop, shall be at the complete discretion of the principal and can be refused, if the staff is needed in the college.
- In one academic session maximum 04 day’s duty leave as practical examiner will be sanctioned to a teacher.
- A teacher is required to be physically present in the institution for the sanctioning of duty leave. He/she can only go for the assigned job, after sanction of duty leave from the institution. Without sanction of duty leave by the college, he/she will be considered as absent and will be subjected to leave without pay. In special cases, sanction of duty leave will be at the discretion of the principal.
- During university examination, Govt. examination conducted by the college, internal examinations of the college or any other scheduled or unscheduled college programs, participation of every staff is mandatory. Sanction of any type of leave during this period will be at the discretion of the principal in accordance with the needs of the institution.
9. General Administration:
- In case of applying for job in any other government / autonomous or private organization, information to the employer with all the necessary documents and permission from employer is mandatory for regular teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Regular teaching and non-teaching staff is required to take permission from the employer for higher studies through proper channel.
- If any of the regular teaching and non-teaching staff is resigning, he/she is required to inform the institution three months prior or deposit 03 months salary in lieu of the notice period. In special cases, final decision will be of the employer.
10. Salary Disbursement:
The institution disburses salary through Canara Bank. All the teaching and non-teaching staff is required to open a salary account in Canara Bank. The college will not pay salary to any staff by any other means.
11. EPF Basic:
EPF contribution of management will be given with respect to minimum EPF basic, as per government notification.
12. ESI (Employee Social Insurance):
ESI is applicable only to those staff whose monthly salary is less than or equal 21000/- per month.
13. Maternity Leave:
Two continuous months of salaried maternity leave for regular female staff as per decision of governing body meeting dated 11/12/2014.
14. Medical Leave:
Staff is eligible for 10 days medical leave in an academic session. Governing body meeting dated 05/06/2021 to approve.
15. Special Leave:
15 days special leave for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff in case of special condition in family.